Tenure Track Faculty Positions in the School of History,
I. About the School
The School of History first emerged in 1902 as the National History Department of Sanjing Normal School. In 1952, after the amalgamation of National Central University’s Departments of History and Border Politics and the Department of History of Jinling University, Nanjing University’s History Department was born. In December 2014, the Department of History was transformed into the School of History. Today, the School consists of the Department of Chinese History, the Department of World History, the Department of Archaeology and Cultural Heritage, and several world-class research institutes, including the Institute of International Relations, and the Institute of Chinese Border Politics.
The School of History now has three first-level disciplines: Chinese History, World History and Archaeology. It has a total of 80 faculty members, including 3 Chang Jiang Scholars, and 3 Distinguished Young Scholars.
The School of History has a long and illustrious history. It not only has an internationally renowned faculty, but also offers a comprehensive range of degree programs covering undergraduate, master's, doctoral and postdoctoral education. As the School places great importance on the professional and intellectual developments of its faculty members, it provides first-class facilities and excellent administrative support for teaching and academic research.
We now have 4 tenure track positions available (including tenure track assistant professor and tenure track associate professor). The candidates are expected to teach and research in the following areas:
(1) Chinese History
(2) World History
(1) Compliance with the applicable laws and regulations as well as enthusiasm toward teaching and research.
(2) Adherence to academic integrity and ethics, with no criminal record.
(3) A Ph.D. in History, Archaeology or related disciplines. Postdoctoral experience at world-leading institutions is preferred.
(4) A successful applicant will be expected to strive for excellence in research, teaching, and student mentorship.
(5) A strong record of research publications and a demonstration of teaching ability are also essential. Candidates with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
IV. Application Materials Required
(1) Cover letter (specifying research area and position level)
(2) Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications)
(3) An introduction of your research results and their innovative significance
(4) Research Plan
(5) Three reference letters
(6) Teaching Statement
Please login to the talent recruitment platform of Nanjing University (http://zp.nju.edu.cn/) to submit the application materials required.
V. Compensation Package and Support
A successful applicant will be provided with:
(1) Competitive and negotiable salary
(2) Start-up research funds
(3) Quotas to admit graduate students
(4) Short-term lodging and possible housing subsidy
(5) Assistance with children’s school enrollment
VI. Application Deadline
Application deadline: August 20, 2023
VII. Contact Details
Tel.: +86 (0)25-89687150(Ms. Wang)
Copyright © School of History, Nanjing University. All Rights Reserved